::HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY::
Someone was asking if I'd be doing a Mother's Day picture, but I had to finish my previous picture before working on this one. This is from a sketch I did months back and most of you may have noticed I didn't include Dark Hood or Iron's Grandpa in here. Well, that's because I'm actually pondering about changing their designs here and there while I actually (currently) like Iron's mother's design - though her color scheme may change in the future (and that dress). Still, what better way to celebrate Mother's Day than making a picture about a mother?
Iron's mother was never properly addressed in these three years I've worked on Iron Tail and even now it may still be vague as to what her fate really is - though story-wise Iron Tail was told since a young age that she passed away along with his father, leaving him in the care of his grandfather until he sets off on his first adventure at the age of 10. So far, however, I've thought up several concept ideas for her, which includes:1) She's the daughter of Iron Tail's grandfather, meaning that she at least lived in Iron's village before.
2) Aside from caring for Iron Tail when he was an infant, his mother was never around for the rest of his life so far.
3) I decided to make her appearance closely resembling Iron Tail himself, which could explain his grandfather's deep fondness of his grandchild.
4) Unlike the original idea where Iron Tail received his scarf from Gem, Iron's scarf now actually used to be his mother's, and this would explain why Iron Tail treasures it so much.
5) She may still be alive, albeit possibly somewhere outside the village, and may have connections to Dark Hood, who is rumored to be Iron's father.
6) I had this idea where she may have sang a song about the sky to Iron Tail, eventually making her son instinctively captivated by it through out his life (and why he loves climbing up to high places).
7) ... I have NOT thought of a name for her yet. <_<;
Well, that's all I have so far, but either way, Happy Mother's Day! ... and I posted two pictures in one day.
I have broken my record of three months. I am FazzEagle.